BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Filipino wierd delicacies


Me and my friends had rented a house for us to have our own office. After work we go directly to the house which we have rented and we call it "The batcave" because it's somewhat out hideout at the same time our work place. Early in the morning after I woke up and my friend "Agent cold transfer" is already awake and we were so hungry, there was no food to eat and no coffee to drink. We decided to go outside and find a carenderia for us to eat. When we are walking outside suddenly something caught my eyes, OMG! there was a dog resting inside a chicken cage. Well! we all know that some Filippo mostly in rural areas prefer Dog delicacies, it's really quite weird right!? But what I have in mind right now after I saw the dog is that, maybe some Filipino think that dog is like a chicken that's why they eat it.

My family's hometown is in north cotabato(F. cajelo). In some area in our hometown there is a specific delicacy and that is a "batud" or a baby Beatle. Me and my mother had gone to the upper part of "F, cajelo" to visit our relatives. As I was wandering the place I saw a man cutting down a coconut tree, I go nearer to him to see what he's doing. I saw him cutting the coconut tree in half, and guess what!? there's a batud on it and he's getting the batud form the coconut tree. I ask him what he'll gonna do to the batud. He said that they'll gonna make it a finger food for their drink. The man said that batud is really good for a finger food because you need not to cook it because it's already sweet and you just need to put a vinegar on it. Maybe that is why batud is sweet because it's iving on a coconut tree and a coconut is sweet.

I believe all of us have already eaten chicken or pork adobo because it's one of the famous Filipino delicacy,but I doubt that you have eaten a snake adobo. I myself is not fond on eating exotic food, but my uncle lemuel have gone to the forest to hunt and he had gotten a cobra. I wonder if they'll gonna keep it as a pet of sell it. On my surprise mu uncle killed the snake because they'll cook it. At first I was disgusted because I really don't eat these kind of food. But because of my curiosity I was pushed to taste it, and guess what?! it tasted so good. If only you'll not know what you are not eating I bet you won't really know that you're eating a snake.

This things are just some of many exotic foods Filipino have. Majority of us may not know or eat this kind of food, but still these kind of delicacies are existing on rural areas. It may sound disgusting but I guess for us to know we just need to taste it and decide if we like it or not.

1 comments:

Verna Luga said...

actually, dili lang kita naa pa mas weird sa ato ... ahihihi... first follower ko nimo ... follow me too!

I will work on the adding tonight.. ingnon taka kung human na.